Dubai: If you are considering enrolling your child in a new school in Dubai, it is difficult to find the ideal school that suits your budget and preferred program.
However, a new resource from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) called “The Tuition Information Sheet” can help you get a better idea of how much you may need to budget if your child go to school.
The Fact Sheet is a one-page report that gives parents a breakdown of all fees a school may charge, not just tuition. As it includes all mandatory and optional fees that a school may charge during an academic year, it is a more reliable reference to help you select the right school for your children by comparing the fee structure of schools than you have pre-selected.
Here’s everything you need to know about the fact sheet and how to access it.
Do all private schools in Dubai have fact sheets?
The tuition information sheet was introduced in April this year by the KHDA, and during the first phase of the roll-out, information sheets were made available to schools that started their year school in April. This covers 35 schools in Dubai. If the schools you have shortlisted for your children have their school year beginning in September, information sheets will be made available to them before the end of the current school year, according to the KHDA.
It is important to note that the tuition information sheet is valid for one academic year and is provided for each school and each class within the school.
What details does the information sheet provide?
The fact sheet provides the following details:
• The name of the school
• Study programme
• Academic year (for which fees are applicable)
• To note
• KHDA Ranking
Mandatory fees, which include the following:
• School facilities
• Examination by the jury
Optional fees, which include the following:
• After school activities
• Annual photography
• Tuition Increase Policy (This is based on the KHDA Tuition Fee Policy as well as the school’s KHDA Ranking)
• Registration and re-registration fees
• Any discount programs for students in certain categories, for example: siblings and scholarship students.
How can I find the tuition information sheet?
You can access the fact sheet of schools in Dubai by following these steps
1. Visit this link: https://web.khda.gov.ae/en/Education-Directory/Schools
2. Click on the name of the school for which you want to obtain the information sheet.
3. The directory will open the school list.
4. Click on the button labeled “Fees Sheet” in the right corner of the screen. You will then be able to consult the information sheet on tuition fees.
How to get more details for a school in Dubai
The KHDA directory, which is available online, does not just provide a school’s fact sheet. You can also view the following details for each private school in the emirate:
• School contact details.
• Number of students and teachers.
• Teacher-student ratio and teacher turnover rate.
• Study programme.
• Principal name.
• Percentage of sex and nationality in the school.
• KHDA ratings and previous school inspection reports.
You can access the KHDA School Directory here: https://web.khda.gov.ae/en/Education-Directory/Schools