News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your one week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, Oct. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Value Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: VALUE) announced today that its Board of Directors declared on October 21, 2022 a quarterly cash dividend of $0.25 per common share, payable November 10, 2022 to shareholders of record as of October 31, 2022. The Company has 9,458,837 common shares outstanding as of October 21, 2022.
The Board of Directors also approved on October 21, 2022 the renewal of the share repurchase program, with immediate effect, allowing the repurchase of shares from time to time, up to an aggregate amount of 3,000,000 $. The new buyback program, which replaces the May 2022 program, has no fixed price limit or expiry date.
“Based on the company’s current financial condition, we believe that renewing the buyback program is in the best interests of our shareholders,” said Howard A. Brecher, the company’s chairman and chief executive officer.
Value Line, Inc. is a leading New York-based investment research provider. The Value Line Investing Survey is one of the most widely used sources of independent equity investment research. Value Line also publishes a range of proprietary investment research in print and digital formats, including research in the areas of mutual funds, ETFs and options. Value Line’s acclaimed research also enables the company to provide specialty products such as Value Line Select, Value Line Special Situations, Value Line Select: ETFs, Value Line Select: Dividend Income & Growth, TThe new Value Line ETF service, The Value Line M&A Service, The Value Line Information You Should Know Wealth Newsletter, Value Line Climate Change Investment Service and certain Copyright Value Line, distributed under agreements, including certain proprietary filing system information and other proprietary information used in third-party products. Investment advisory services are provided through its significant non-voting interests in EULAV Asset Management, the investment advisor to The Value Line family of mutual funds. Value Line products are available to individual investors by mail, at www.valueline.com or by calling 1-800-VALUELINE or 1-800-825-8354, while institutional-level services for professional investors , advisors, businesses, academics and public libraries are available at www.ValueLinePro.com, www.ValueLineLibrary.com and by calling 1-800-531-1425.
Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Information
In this report, “Value Line”, “we”, “us”, “our” refers to Value Line, Inc. and “the company” refers to Value Line and its subsidiaries, unless the context otherwise requires.
This report contains statements that are predictive in nature, dependent on or refer to future events or conditions (including certain business projections and trends) together with expressions such as “believe”, “estimate”, “expect ”, “anticipate”, “will”, “intend” and other similar or negative expressions, which are “forward-looking statements” as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. The Company’s actual results may differ materially from those projected due to certain risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the following:
- maintain revenue from subscriptions to the Company’s digital and print published products;
- changes in investment trends and economic conditions, including global financial issues;
- changes in Federal Reserve policies affecting interest rates and liquidity and the resulting effects on stock markets;
- protect the intellectual property rights on the Company’s methods and brands;
- protect confidential information, including confidential or personal customer information that we may possess;
- reliance on non-voting income and non-voting profit interests from EULAV Asset Management, a Delaware statutory trust (“EAM” or “EAM Trust”), which serves as investment advisor to the Value Line Funds and handles distribution, marketing and administrative services;
- fluctuations in EAM’s and third-party copyright assets under management due to general changes in the value of equity and debt securities, investor redemptions and other factors;
- possible changes in the valuation of EAM’s intangible assets from time to time;
- generate future revenue or collect receivables from major customers;
- reliance on key executive and specialist personnel;
- the risks associated with outsourcing certain functions, technical facilities and operations, including in some cases outside the United States;
- competition in publishing, copyright and investment management, and the related effects on the level and structure of prices and fees, and the range of services provided;
- the impact of government regulation on the business of the Company and EAM;
- availability of free or low-cost investment data through discount brokers or generally on the Internet;
- military conflicts, civil unrest and disruptions associated with travel and supply and other effects;
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and its impact on inflation;
- the continued availability of generally reliable energy supplies in the geographic areas in which the company and certain suppliers operate;
- terrorist attacks, cyberattacks and natural disasters;
- the inadequacy of our business continuity plans or systems in the event of an anticipated or unforeseeable disruption;
- the coronavirus pandemic, which has significantly affected markets, employment and other economic conditions, and may have additional unpredictable impacts on employees, suppliers, customers and operations;
- other possible epidemics;
- changes in the prices of materials and other inputs and services, such as freight and postage, required by the Company;
- other risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the risks described in Item 1A, “Risk Factors” of the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2022 and Part II, Item 1A of this Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended July 31, 2022; and other risks and uncertainties arising from time to time.
These factors are not necessarily all important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any of our forward-looking statements. Other unknown or unpredictable factors which may involve external factors over which we have no control or changes in our plans, strategies, objectives, expectations or intentions, which may occur at any time at our discretion, could also have material adverse effects on future results. . Except as required by applicable law, we have no obligation to update these statements, and we undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In light of these risks and uncertainties, current plans, anticipated actions and future financial conditions and results may differ from those expressed in the forward-looking information contained herein.
Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
Free Value Line® Dow 30 Stock Reports